Family members and friends are welcome to visit and can be good medicine for patients. With that said, patient care is our primary concern at NMMC, and, in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established. There are specially-designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the Emergency Department and Surgery.
Visiting hours and regulations are available at the information desk in the main lobby of the hospital and if you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the patient unit.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Do not smoke anywhere in the hospital or on campus.
- Please dress appropriately and wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- If you have a cold, sore throat or any contagious disease, please refrain from visiting.
- Please keep visits short so as not to tire the patient.
- Patients benefit from a quiet environment so please avoid unnecessary noise.
- Treatments and tests are high priority in the recovery of patients; you may be asked to step out during these times.
Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery. The Adult and Child Psychiatric Units have specific visitation guidelines to ensure privacy and healing. The Obstetrics Unit and Nursery are under unique visiting guidelines as well. For more information about appropriate times for visiting in these areas, please contact the Nursing Supervisor at 207-834-1617 prior to visiting.