Northern Maine Medical Center offers comprehensive wound and ostomy services as well as specialized care and education of patients with wound, ostomy and incontinence-related needs. Patients are referred for treatment by their primary care provider.
- Education for patients and families
- Preventive care
- Assessment and determination of the cause of a wound and identification of treatment options
- Care coordination with physicians to ensure the most up-to-date and appropriate care
- Introduction of techniques to prevent bedsores and other wounds from forming
- Evaluation and recommendations for pouching systems for people living with ostomies
- Development of individual rehabilitation plans to help patients return to a productive lifestyle
- Assistance in selecting pre-operative stoma sites to ensure postoperative independence
To learn more, call (207) 834-3060.